Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Show Time

Tonight is a big night here in Danao City – it’s New Year’s Eve. Most folks will cerebrate by shooting off fireworks well past the strike of midnight or the passing of 2008 to the new year of 2009. I know it’ll be quiet until the day turns to night and then the fireworks will start. It’s show time! Now let me tell you the firecrackers here are not all like the firecrackers back in the states. While they are going off it’s much like the sound a bomb making an explosion noise. When I first heard the noise or noises I thought for awhile we had gone to war. I’d like to say whenever these home grown firecrackers are exploding that sometimes they’ll take out a piece of the street pavement. So I’m preparing myself to the night. With cotton in my ears - I wish you all a Happy New Year’s for 2009!

No comments: