Sunday, March 29, 2009

An-An becomes a businesswoman



We’re so proud of our niece An-An who I sometimes post about…. Last Wednesday my twenty something niece An-An was here baby sitting me as my wife was in Cebu with friends/visitors flying in from Hong Kong. I knew An-An had opened and started a sari-sari store about 5 or 6 months ago near her home so curiously I asked how was her business. I found out she works long hours and that every day rain or shine …. She opens for business at 4:00 AM and closes at 1 AM and after she opens she does her daily shopping at Danao's wet market while her boyfriend watches her store. With her gross profits she reinvests in the store. An-An is doing it right I can see her going far, onto bigger businesses. As far as security she locks up every night and sleeps in her tiny sari-sari store. Then with a smile I told her, she didn't much time for romance… she then answered me with a giggle.

I am impressed with her work ethic and how she takes out as little as possible for herself!

No comments: